Being a Unibuddy

Tell us a bit about yourself?

My name is Arvin Johal, and I am a second-year student at the University of Derby, studying a BA (Hons) in Business Management (CMI Accredited).

How would you descibe Unibuddy?

Unibuddy is an online platform which prospective students can use to contact students who are currently studying at the University of Derby. It allows prospective students to message University students who are studying the degree they are considering applying for.

This enables them to gain a deeper insight of what the degree is like, general life at University, accommodation and the city. Using Unibuddy allows prospective students to gain a flavour of the University from a student’s perspective rather than the academics’ point of view.

Why did you decide to become a Unibuddy?

I was very interested in becoming a Unibuddy as I felt that it is a very useful platform for prospective students, which I would have greatly benefited from. I thoroughly enjoy helping, supporting and assisting people, so Unibuddy was a perfect way for me to do this.

What do you enjoy about being a Unibuddy?

I love giving back and helping where I can. So, seeing the positive messages I have received from prospective students encourages me to continue supporting students by answering their queries and shedding light on various aspects of the University of Derby. It is fulfilling knowing that I have helped someone on their journey when applying to University.

What have you gained from being a Unibuddy?

Since joining the Unibuddy platform has caused me to reflect upon the fantastic opportunities, experiences and memories I have created as a student at the University of Derby. Being a Unibuddy has also increased my confidence in answering general and specific questions regarding the University.

How can students sign up to the Unibuddy platform?

You can sign up to be a Unibuddy easily from the University of Derby website.

Sign up to Unibuddy.

Join the conversation